Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters

It's great to see that people still bicker. I saw two grown men at it today (and if you ever read this, you'll probably know who you are). I thought it was something only I and my sister do after we've been together more than 24hrs. Today's bickering was quite harmless, I hope. I really hope as I think I'm going to be spending circa three hours with the two of them in a car tomorrow.

I had come to the decision that I should be too mature to bicker. Thankfully I see today that this is not the case and service can resume as normal.

I suppose it's a mix of familiarity and alpha-type claim staking. What my sister doesn't understand is that since I am the older, I am, of course, the wiser and my opinion should be listened to and nodded at before being gently poked and picked apart if required. What she also doesn't understand is that as the older of the two of us, I get to tell her what to do AND how to do it AND how she should/could do things better. It's my job! I take it very seriously!

Joking aside, I do long for a sisterly relationship where the other is not so darned sensitive to every word I utter after the aforementioned 24hr warm up period, but what can I do (that's a genuine question - what can I do)? I don't get any indications from any other "sisters" that I conduct myself in any way that creates the same level of offense, so I guess I just keep on being myself whether it annoys my real sister or not. If anyone knows the answer, please let me in on the secret!

1 comment: