Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Good to be back

I've just had a really fun night out with a girl friend, and with four perfect strangers. It's been a while, in my sad and sorry existence, that I have met a bunch of people that I have so instantly engaged with but their warmth and lack of pretence lead to a very natural evening full of laughter and girly natter. What was most heart warming was that two thirds of us from the group of girls are single and definitely not adverse to finding Mr. Right. It's refreshing! In my somewhat closed off life of late I had come to the conclusion that most gorgeous girls already have a man in their life. Oh how wrong am I.

In this age of email and phones, much dating and flirting seems to be happening through texts. I'm a little bit of a traditionalist in this sense. I like to talk to people, even if it's not face to face, but it's clear that text-dating is safe. You don't have to expose yourself (and I mean in the emotional rather than biblical sense) so much, and if you mess up you can always put it down to a mis-understanding, for who hasn't misunderstood the tone of an email before?

The result is that I now have some very sound advice on how to pursue the next possible man in La Blighter's life, and two of the six of us have dates set for tomorrow evening. Rather sadly, given the mean age of the group (30), the most consistently solid advice came from a statuesque (and I'm talking 6ft 2in) 24 year old NZ lass with wisdom way above and beyond her years. By the time she is my age (32) she'll be an amazing woman! I've missed girly advice and talking the ins and outs and embarassments of dates and spa treatments. A trip to Lebanon for Eid is now punched into the diary, and long may this gaggle of girls continue to motivate and boost one another! Thanks to the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment