Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Palestine closer

10 days to go until we leave for Amman, which makes it 11 days until we leave for, and hopefully arrive in, Palestine. Palestine is getting closer! I say hopefully, for we are in the hands of the Israeli Defence Force and their whims on that particular day as to whether we get in, and how long it takes us to do so. I've discovered games on my iPod, I have a good book and I'm on the look out for a pocket sized soduko book since the name of the game of this trip is to travel light.

Now that we are almost in single digit figures on the count down I am actually getting excited. It's been a six month process to plan this trip. We've gathered joinees along the way and we are now a merry band of 26 people from 5 countries (if you count England and Scotland seperately). My role is largely advisory since I speak about 10 words of Arabic, only about 50% of which I understand myself. Even if I could understand and speak the language my accent is so appalling that whoever I am speaking to gets a pained look as they try to decifer the grunts and whistles issuing from my mouth. Sahar and Sana have been responsible for the bulk of the grunt work of organising this trip, coming up with ideas and leaning on their contacts for assistance and advice to set thing up. They really are quite wonderful!

For the first time in my life I will be travebloguing (yes, I made that up). I shall write my way through the epic adventure that we have dubbed Zyara2009 (zyara means visit in Arabic - OK, so we're up to 11). Please sign up or check in along the way. I officially start on 18 July, but if I get the urge you may hear from me before. Untill then....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Princess Von Fair..

    Congratulations on the official opening of your Travelbloguing adventure, and may we all give you enough material to write about...
    and I hope that you do get the urge to write before the 18th......
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be listening and watching like a hawk....I don't expect any of my writing to be original. All of it will be borrowed from the group.

    ReplyDelete